"F.R.E.D.I."



Today's technology is pretty impressive and is growing more amazing all the time. Since the 80's people have had a fascination with robots and artificial intelligence and how these metal beings can somehow seem as real as we are. This film is no exception and adds a touch of excitement when forced to see how far you'll go for your robotic friend.

James Nash (Lucius Hoyos) has been having a tough time lately with his mother gone and his father Randy Nash (Tyler Christopher) about to lose his business and their home. Yet when James finds a mysterious metal object, it turns his world upside down. The metal object turns out to be a robot called F.R.E.D.I. (voiced by Candace Cameron Bure) and finds an unlikely friendship in this robotic protector programmed to do good for people, but it isn't long when James learns he's not the only one looking for F.R.E.D.I. The company that F.R.E.D.I. was created at and its CEO Grant (Angus Macfayden) is determined to get it back to design it into a new weapon. With the help of James's friend Danny (Reid Miller) and his crush Natalie (Casimere Jollette), they work together to stay two steps ahead of Grant and his goons in order to reunite F.R.E.D.I. with her creator Dr. Andi Palmer (Kelly Hu) and keep F.R.E.D.I. the friendly robotic protector she is.

A sweet and funny family film. It's perfect for families with kids of all ages with its age-appropriate action scenes with just a touch of comedy that will give a smile to all. Candace Cameron Bure as the voice of loveable F.R.E.D.I. is programmed to be a perfect fit for this delightful character earning it four and a half G.M.Stars. I considered giving it five, but with a hint at a possible sequel, I'm holding on to the remaining half in the hopes that F.R.E.D.I. will fly back for another adventure.

⭐⭐⭐⭐½

"F.R.E.D.I." is now available at Redbox and where movies are sold/streamed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase"

"Escaping the Madhouse: The Nellie Bly Story"

"Bundy and the Green River Killer"